XIV. Features of admission to study at the University of foreigners and stateless persons
1. Admission to the University of Foreigners and Stateless Persons is carried out in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine "On Higher Education", "On the Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons", "On Foreign Ukrainians", "On Refugees and Persons Who Need Additional or Temporary Protection", the Decree of the President of Ukraine on June 03, 1994 No. 271 "On Measures for the Development of Economic Cooperation of the Oblasts of Ukraine with the Adjacent Regions of the Republic of Belarus and the Administrative-Territorial Units of the Republic of Moldova", by Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on September 11, 2013 № 684 "Some Issues of Recruiting for the Education of Foreigners and Stateless Persons", the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine on November 1, 2013 № 1541 "Some Issues of the Organization of Recruiting and Education (Internship) of Foreigners and Stateless Persons "registered with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on November 25, 2013 under No. 2004/24536.
2. Foreigners and stateless persons (hereinafter referred to as foreigners) may obtain higher education at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine, the consent to be bound by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, laws or agreements between higher education institutions on international academic mobility.
Admission of foreigners to higher education institutions for study at the expense of the state budget takes place within quotas for foreigners.
3. Foreigners who come to Ukraine for the purpose of studying, enter the University for accredited educational programs (specialties).
Admission of foreigners to study at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities is conducted by the University:
1) twice a year, before and at the beginning of academic semesters (but no later than on November 1 and March 1, respectively), for obtaining a bachelor's degree, a master's degree;
2) during the year for studying in graduate school, postgraduate studies, doctoral studies and language courses.
The deadlines for submitting bids to the Single Base, specified in paragraph 7 of Section XV of these Rules, do not apply for the reception of such foreigners.
The University calculates the scores / assessments of the apprentice on the basis of the document on the previous education level and sets the minimum amount of points / grades from the general subjects from which the entrance exam is to be conducted.
Entry of foreigners to a certain level of higher education is based on the results of entrance examinations on certain subjects and the language of instruction and on the basis of the academic rights of continuing education, provided by the document on the acquired level of education in the country of origin, and taking into account the points of success giving the right to continue studying at the next level of higher education in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued the document on the acquired degree (level) of education.
4. All categories of foreigners enrolled in studies are enrolled in the University on the basis of enrollment orders that form on the Single Base.
5. The organization of admittance of foreigners, stateless persons to the University is assigned to the selection committee of the educational and scientific center "Institute of International Education".
5.1. Procedure of the selection committee:
from Monday to Friday - from 9.00 to 18.00.
5.2. Registration and issuance of invitations to study, applications and documents, entrance examinations, renewals, transfers and enrollments for admission students are conducted in the following terms:
Registration and issuance of invitations to foreign citizens
During the year
Start of acceptance of applications and documents
From June 03, 2020
Terms of acceptance of applications and documents for renewal, transfer from higher education institutions of Ukraine and foreign educational institutions
January 02, 2020 - March 01, 2020,
July 10, 2020 - November 01, 2020.
January 2, 2020 - March 01, 2020,
July 10, 2020 - September 01, 2020.
The deadline for receiving applications and documents
February 20, 2020,
October 24, 2020
The terms of the University entrance exams
January 04, 2020 - February 26, 2020,
June 05, 2020 - November 01, 2020
Enrollment at the expence of individuals and / or legal entities
January 08, 2020 - March 1, 2020,
June 15, 2020 - November 01, 2020
6. Foreigners who are granted state scholarships under international agreements, national programs, other international obligations of Ukraine, are enrolled in studies at the University within the limits of the current quotas for foreigners on the basis of the directions of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
7. Foreign students who come to Ukraine to participate in academic mobility programs or to obtain higher education in accordance with educational programs coordinated between the University and foreign higher education institutions shall be admitted for study in accordance with the University's contractual obligations.
8. Foreign Ukrainians who legally stay in Ukraine and whose status is certified by certificate a foreign Ukrainian, while applying for the University, enjoy the same rights to education as the citizens of Ukraine, with the exceptions provided by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international treaties, the consent of which is binding on the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians, whose status is certified by a certificate of foreign Ukrainian, can be enrolled at the University for studying at a state commission within the limits of the current quotas for foreigners for interviewing subjects envisaged by the Admission Rules.
9. Foreigners and stateless persons permanently residing in Ukraine, persons granted refugee status in Ukraine and persons requiring additional or temporary protection and entering the University in accordance with the rules provided for in the Conditions of Admission for citizens of Ukraine may take part in the competitive selection of places for state orders within the limits set by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on the basis of a special competitive score, which is calculated as the ratio of the competition score of the entrant determined in accordance with paragraph Section VII of the Conditions of Acceptance, to the minimum bidding point, the recommendation for the place of the state (regional) order in the general competition for this tender in the previous year (in the absence of such a score, a similar indicator is used for another, maximally related, tender proposal within the University, in in the case of impossibility – another institution of higher education in accordance with the decision of the Admissions Committee).
10. Admission to the University of Foreigners and Stateless Persons takes place for the preparation of specialists for the educational degrees of a bachelor, a master of medical direction, a master's degree in educational programs (specialties) within the limits of the licensed volume.
11. Participation in the competition for admission to the first year of the University for the bachelor's degree is admitted to persons who have a certificate of complete secondary education.
12. Foreigners and stateless persons who do not fall under sub-paragraphs. 6, 8 of this section, are enrolled for studying at the University on the basis of interviews and on the basis of an agreement, after which they pay for their studies.
13. Foreigners and stateless persons who legally stay in the territory of Ukraine personally submit to the Admission Committee of the University a completed application on admission addressed to the Rector, which specifies the specialty, form and sources of funding for studies, the language of interviewing and training (Ukrainian, Russian, English). The application records the registration data of the education level document; the fact of familiarizing the entrant with the Rules of admission, the availability of a license, a certificate on state accreditation of the chosen specialty, familiarization with the rules of appeal, confirming the personal signature of the apprentice.
13.1. To the application they add:
- the application form of the current sample;
- a copy of the identity document (first page of the passport, full name, nationality, date of birth, passport number, address of permanent residence), with a visa for entry and study in Ukraine;
- notarized translation of the first page of the passport;
- invitation to study;
- birth certificate (legalized copy of birth document with notarized translation in Ukrainian (Russian) language);
- legalized health certificate certified by an official health authority of the country from which the foreigner arrived and issued no later than two months before entering the country of study (original and notarized translation in Ukrainian or Russian); languages);
- an insurance policy for providing emergency medical care (except for foreigners who arrived from countries with whom agreements on free emergency medical aid were concluded);
- 12 photos size 3.5x4.5 cm.
13.2. Along with the documents specified in subparagraph 13.1, foreigners must submit an original and a copy of the document about the previous education.
For foreigners who enroll for bachelor's degree education:
- a document on full secondary education and an appendix with assessments on educational disciplines (legalized copy of the document on education and obtained from the educational disciplines of assessment (points) with a notarized translation in Ukrainian (Russian);
- certificate of completion of preparatory department for foreign citizens (if available);
- external independent assessment certificate 2017, 2018 or 2019, 2020 with subjects corresponding to the list of entrance examinations regulated by these Admission Rules (if any).
For foreigners enrolled in studies in another specialty, they are transferred from another educational institution or are resumed for studying for the Bachelor's degree:
- Academic certificate issued by a foreign / Ukrainian educational institution (in the case of transfer or renewal of studies, from the second year, add academic note); or
- document (original and its copy) about the previously acquired educational (educational-qualifying) level, on the basis of which the enrollment takes place.
For foreigners enrolled in a postgraduate education:
- document (original and its copy) about the previously acquired educational (educational-qualifying) level, on the basis of which the introduction takes place.
The documents listed on the list must be certified in accordance with the legislation of the country of publication and legally legalized, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine.
For a document on the educational and / or educational-qualification level acquired abroad, a procedure of recognition is required for the document to be published on the acquired educational and / or educational qualification level carried out by the authorized body of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in accordance with the current procedure.
14. Admission to the University is based on the results of entrance examinations conducted in the form of an interview, regardless of the sources of funding.
15. The competition score is defined as the result of an interview evaluation.
16. For entrants to study for a bachelor's degree, the competition score is calculated as the sum of the results of the interviews on the competition subject (mathematics / biology) and Ukrainian / Russian / English language (depending on the language chosen by the entrant). The results of entrance examinations are evaluated on a scale from 100 to 200 points. Interviews are conducted at the University within 5 days of submission of documents.
In order to determine the sufficiency of the creative and / or physical abilities of the admitted entrant in the competitive selection for a particular competitive bid in cases provided for by the Conditions for admission to open and fixed (closed) bids on the basis of complete secondary education, the result of creative credit is taken into account.
17. To enter for studies for obtaining an educational master's degree on the basis of a bachelor (educational qualification level of a specialist) the competition score is calculated as the sum of the result of the interview, marks on the special subject, the language of instruction. The results of entrance examinations are evaluated on a scale from 100 to 200 points. Interviews are conducted at the University within 5 days of submission of documents.
18. An appeal against the result of the entrance exam (interview) is taken on the written application of the entrant on the day of the announcement of the results. The appeal is in accordance with the procedure regulated by the Admission Rules.
19. Admission to study takes place on a competitive basis.
20. Enrollment of foreign citizens and stateless persons entering the University takes place within 5 days from the moment of successful interviewing and on the basis of the concluded agreement.
21. Enrollment of foreign citizens to vacant places of the licensed amount (according to the results of the interview and on condition of payment by foreign citizens and stateless persons of the cost of training specified in the contract) no later than 01 November and 01 March, respectively.
22. Persons who, without compelling reasons, have not begun taking lessons within 10 days of their commencement, are expelled from the University.
23. All issues related to the admission of foreigners and stateless persons to the University are considered by the Admission Committee of the University.
The cost of education for foreign citizens and stateless persons
at the Bogdan Khmelnytsky National University of Cherkasy
|Program||Cost per year|
|Preparatory department for foreign citizens (language courses)||1000 USD|
|Bachelor (full-time study)||1500 USD|
|Bachelor (external form of education)||800 USD|