XIV. Peculiarities of admission of foreigners and stateless persons to study at the University
1. Admission of foreigners and stateless persons to higher education institutions is carried out in accordance with Higher Education Act of Ukraine, Legal Status of Foreigners and Persons without Citizenship Act, Foreign Ukrainians Act, Refugees and Individuals in need of Additional or Temporary Protection Act, by the Decree of the President of Ukraine of June 03, 1994 No. 271 "On measures to develop economic cooperation between the regions of Ukraine and adjacent regions of the Republic of Belarus and administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Moldova" (except for those coming from the Republic of Belarus), the resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of September 12, 2018 No. 729 "Obtaining
higher education by certain categories of persons", by order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of November 1, 2013 No. 1541 "Some Issues of Organization of Recruitment and Training (Internship) of Foreigners and Stateless Persons", registered at the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on November 25, 2013 No. 2004/24536, by order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of December 2, 2019 No. 1498 "On Approval of the Procedure for Setting Quotas for Higher Education Opportunities for Foreigners and Stateless Persons within the Scope of State-guaranteed Order in Accordance with International Treaties of Ukraine" registered with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on February 10, 2020 No. 153/34436.
Citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus who do not have a permanent (temporary) residence permit in Ukraine are accepted for training with the individual permission of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
2. Foreigners and stateless persons (hereinafter referred to as foreigners) may receive higher education at the expense of individuals and/or legal entities, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine, the consent to be bound by which is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, legislation or agreements between higher education institutions on international academic mobility.
Admission of foreigners to higher education institutions for training at the expense of the state budget is carried out within quotas for foreigners (except for foreigners and stateless persons, in particular foreign Ukrainians permanently residing in Ukraine, persons recognized as refugees, and persons in need of additional protection).
Admission of foreigners to study for junior Bachelor's, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctor of Philosophy degrees is carried out in accredited educational programs. Institutions of higher education may also accept foreigners for postgraduate, doctoral studies, pre-university courses (division), to study the official language and/or language of instruction, as well as to obtain postgraduate education, advanced training and internships.
3. Admission of foreigners may be carried out in person and/or remotely.
The validity period of a study offer is no more than 1 year from the date of its registration in the "Electronic Journal" Automated System of the state enterprise authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Foreigners who have received a study offer registered in the "Electronic Journal" Automated System of the state enterprise authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, a range of information and consulting support services and a study visa can participate in the remote admission.
To organize remote recruitment of foreign citizens to study for higher education, the educational institution enters into an agreement with a partner organization that is a resident of the country of origin of applicants. Subject of the agreement is the provision of
the following services: person identification, verification of original documents of applicants, electronic applications acceptance, provision of premises and technical means to give online consultations and entrance examinations by a higher education institution.
Concluding agreements by educational institutions of Ukraine is possible with organizations that meet the following requirements:
compliance of the area of premises for remote submission of documents, consultations and entrance examinations with the established standards of quarantine restrictions in the country where recruitment is carried out;
providing applicants with individual protection means;
providing an applicant identification procedure using facial recognition technologies, which includes verification of personal data (last name, first name, patronymic (if any)), biometric data and their verification with an official (state) database;
ensuring control over compliance with integrity requirements when passing the entrance examination for foreigners;
ensuring safety of phones, tablet computers and other electronic devices of applicants collected for the period of the entrance examination;
providing the cellular and internet network jamming equipment; providing video surveillance around the perimeter of the classroom where the entrance exam takes place by installing at least two video cameras;
providing technical equipment for video communication with the Examination Board of an educational institution in real time (computer, video camera, microphone, TV or projector with a screen);
the presence of at least two employees in the classroom to monitor compliance with the requirements of academic integrity and technical support during the entrance examination;
providing all applicants with individual computers connected to the online platform of the institution through which the entrance exam will be held;
providing consultations and training sessions before the entrance exam in order to get the applicants acquainted with the rules for passing it remotely and using an online platform;
providing video recording of the entrance exam, transmitting the video material to educational institutions via an online platform, storing information and video materials after conducting this examination for five years in a partner organization.
The list of partnership agreements of Cherkasy Bohdan Khmelnytsky National University with organizations that are residents of the countries of origin of applicants is posted on the University's website.
4. Admission of applicants from among foreigners to study at the expense of individuals and/or legal entities may be carried out by institutions of higher education as follows: 1) three times a year within the time limits determined by the admission rules for junior Bachelor's, Bachelor's and Master's degrees;
2) during the year for postgraduate, adjunct and language courses.
The higher education institution sums up the applicant's points/grades based on the document of the previously obtained education level and sets the minimum number of required points/grades in general education subjects in which the entrance examination is delivered in the form of an interview.
Enrollment of foreigners to study at the appropriate level of higher education is carried out based on the results of entrance examinations in the form of interviews in certain subjects and language of instruction and on the basis of academic rights to continue studying provided by the document of the obtained level of education in the country of origin, and taking into account the quality points that give the right to continue studying at the next level of higher education in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued the document of the obtained degree (level) of education.
5. All categories of foreigners are enrolled in higher education institutions of Ukraine on the basis of orders for admission. Confirmation of the fact of training can be a certificate generated in the unified state education electronic database.
6. The selection committee of the Educational and Scientific Center "Institute of International Education" is responsible for organizing the admission of foreigners and stateless persons to higher education institutions.
Working hours of the selection committee: Monday to Friday 9.00 a.m. - 6.00 p.m. Issuing offers to study, accepting applications and documents, delivering entrance tests, readmission, transfer and enrollment of applicants are carried out within the following time period:
Entrance campaign stages
Issuing study offers for foreign citizens
During the year
Start of accepting applications and documents for Bachelor's and Master's degrees pursuance
January 3, 2022,
April 4, 2022
August 1, 2022
Deadlines to accept applications and documents to resume studies, to transfer from higher educational institutions of Ukraine and
foreign educational institutions
January 3, 2022 – March 1, 2022, July 1, 2022-September 1, 2022. Course progression:
January 3, 2022 – March 1, 2022, July 1, 2022-September 1, 2022.
Deadlines for applications and documents for Bachelor's and Master's degrees pursuance
February 25, 2022,
May 27, 2022
December 27, 2022
Time frame of entrance examinations for Bachelor's and Master's degrees pursuance
January 10, 2022 - February 26, 2022, April 11, 2022 - May 30, 2022 August 08, 2022 - December 28, 2022
Enrollment of applicants at the expense of individuals and/or legal entities for Bachelor's and Master's degrees
January 12, 2022-March 01, 2022, April 13, 2022 - June 01, 2022 August 10, 2022-December 30, 2022
7. Foreigners who are granted state scholarships under international treaties, national programs and other international obligations of Ukraine are accepted for training within the established quotas for foreigners on the basis of training assignments of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
8. Foreigners arriving in Ukraine to participate in academic mobility programs or to obtain higher education under the educational programs agreed between Ukrainian and foreign institutions of higher education are accepted for training through the contractual obligations of the relevant institutions of higher education.
9. Foreigners and stateless persons, in particular foreign Ukrainians permanently residing in Ukraine, persons who are recognized as refugees, and persons in need of additional protection, have the right to receive higher education on an equal basis with the citizens of Ukraine, particularly at the expense of the state or local budget, with exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine or international treaties, the consent to be bound by which is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Foreign Ukrainians whose legal status is authenticated by the certificate of a foreign Ukrainian (except for persons permanently residing in Ukraine) may be enrolled in state-funded training programs within the established quotas for foreigners through interviews in subjects stipulated by the admission rules.
10. Admission of foreigners and stateless persons to higher education institutions is carried out to train specialists in Bachelor's and Master's degrees in accredited educational programs (specialties) within the licensed scope.
11. Applicants who have academic documents of complete general secondary education are allowed to participate in the competition for admission to the first year of a higher education institution for a Bachelor's degree.
12. Foreigners and stateless persons who do not fall under pp. 7, 9 of this section, are enrolled to higher education institutions based on the results of an interview and the contract, after which they pay for their training.
13. Foreigners and stateless persons who legally stay within the territory of Ukraine personally submit a completed admission application addressed to the Rector to the admissions committee of a higher education institution where they indicate the specialty, form and sources of funding for training and the language of instruction (Ukrainian, English). The application includes the registration data of the document on the level of education; the fact of familiarization of the applicant with the admission rules, the availability of a license, a certificate of state accreditation of the chosen specialty, familiarization with the rules for filing an appeal, which is confirmed by the applicant's personal signature.
The application is enclosed with:
- a valid application form;
- a copy of the identity document (first page of the passport; full name, citizenship, date of birth, passport number, address of permanent residence), with a visa for entry and study in Ukraine;
- a notarized translation of the first page of the passport; − a study offer;
- a birth certificate (legalized copy of the birth document with a notarized translation into Ukrainian);
- a legalized bill of health, certified by the official health authority of the country from which the foreigner arrived and issued no later than two months before entering Ukraine for training (original and notarized translation into Ukrainian);
- insurance policy for emergency medical care;
− 12 photos 5x4.5 cm.
Along with the documents, foreigners must submit the original and a copy of the document of previous education.
Concerning foreigners applying for a Bachelor's degree:
- a document of complete secondary education and a record with grades in academic disciplines (a legalized copy of the educational document and grades (points) received in academic disciplines with a notarized translation into Ukrainian);
- a certificate of completion of the preparatory course for foreign citizens (if any);
- a certificate of external independent assessment 2019, 2020 or 2021 with subjects that meet the list of entrance examinations regulated by these admission rules (if any).
Concerning foreigners who enter another specialty, transfer from another educational institution or resume their studies to obtain a Bachelor's degree:
- an academic certificate issued by a foreign/Ukrainian educational institution (in case of transfer or recommencement of studies, starting from the second year, an academic certificate is attached) or
- a document (original and its copy) of the previously obtained educational (educational qualification) level, on the basis of which an applicant is admitted. For foreigners applying for a Master's degree:
- a document (original and its copy) of the previously obtained educational (educational qualification) level, on the basis of which an applicant is admitted. To obtain a Master's degree in specialty 081 "Law", foreigners who have received a Bachelor's degree in specialties 081 "Law" or 293 "International "Law", fields of study 6.030401 " Law" or 6.030202 "International Law" are accepted.
The enlisted documents must be certified in accordance with the legislation of the country of their being issued and legalized in accordance with the current procedure, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine.
The document of an educational and/or educational qualification level obtained in another state or an academic certificate, the nostrification of the document of the obtained educational and/or educational qualification level is mandatory which is done by the authorized body of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine under the current statutory procedure.
14. Admission to higher education institutions is based on the results of entrance examinations conducted in the form of an interview regardless of the sources of funding.
15. The competitive score is determined as the result of the interview. 16. For applicants to study for a Bachelor's degree, the competitive score is calculated as the sum of the results of interviews in the second competitive subject of appendix 1 of the admission rules in 2022 and Ukrainian or English (depending on the applicant's chosen language of instruction). The results of entrance examinations are evaluated on a scale from 100 to 200 points. Entrance exams are held in a higher education institution within 5 days from the date of documents submission. In order to determine the sufficiency of creative and/or physical abilities of the applicant in the competitive selection for a certain competitive offer in cases stipulated by the rules for admission to open and fixed competitive offers on the basis of complete general secondary education, the result of the creative competition is taken into account.
17. For admission for a Master's degree on the basis of a Bachelor's degree (educational qualification level of a specialist), the competitive score is calculated as the sum of the results of interviews in the professional subject and the language of instruction. The results of entrance examinations are evaluated on a scale from 100 to 200 points. Entrance exams are held in a higher education institution within 5 days from the date of submission of documents.
18. An appeal against the result of the entrance exams is accepted upon a written application on the day of announcement of the results. The appeal is executed in accordance with the procedure regulated by the admission rules.
19. Admission to studies is on a competitive basis.
20. Enrollment of foreign citizens and stateless persons entering higher education institutions takes place within 5 days from the date of successful pass of the entrance exams and on the basis of the contract.
21. Enrollment of foreign citizens in vacant openings of licensed quota is carried out (based on the results of interviews and subject to payment by foreign citizens and stateless persons of the tuition fee specified in the contract) no later than March 1, June 1 and December 30 respectively.
22. Persons who have not started classes within10 days from the start date of training without valid reasons are expelled from the higher education institution.
23. All issues related to the admission of foreigners and stateless persons to higher education institutions are considered by the admissions committee and/or the Educational Department of the higher education institution.